A NEW POST on the Kerry GAA website has today shown that work has begun on the second phase of renovations on Tralee’s famous Austin Stack Park.
The first phase of this operation, which took place last year, involved the resurfacing and laying of a new sand based pitch.
The second phase of development involves the following:
• The levelling and concreting of the John Mitchel’s end terracing
• Installation of a new modern floodlighting system
• Removal of the wire perimeter fencing to be replaced with a spectator friendly low wall topped by metal horizontal bars
• The perimeter wall will have safety gates to allow pitch access for spectators in the event of emergency
• Upgrading of the team dugouts to include elevated seating.
Kerry GAA are hopeful that they will have completed these renovations by March 6th when the grounds will re-open to host the Allianz League double bill when Kerry play Wexford in hurling and Donegal in Football.
Scroll down to see photos of the work from the Kerry GAA website…
Work has begun on the second phase of redevelopment in Austin Stack Park.